Sunday, December 8, 2013

Getting in the Christmas Mood


I've really been getting in the Christmas mood around here.  I painted my nails the other day, to look festive and sparkly for the holiday craft fair I helped out at yesterday.  What a fun but very busy day it was.  It's always fun seeing everyone all dressed up in their most shimmery, sequined and Christmasy colored sweaters, scarves, earrings and pins.

I've been knitting these red and green cat scarves pretty much constantly.  And listening to Christmas music while I work.  Also watching the occasional Christmas movie!  Today I put in While You Were Sleeping, one of my favorites.  It's the perfect blend of 1990s, winter, single woman with a cat in a cute, tiny apartment in the big city, happy-lovey welcoming family vibe, and romantic comedy. 

 
I keep seeing Sandra Bullock's sweaters, scarves, and hats in this movie and wanting to knit them to wear for myself!

Everyone seems to love the little scarves I'm making and I've even received some very cute customer images of faraway kitties modeling their new scarves! 

Photo Credit: Christina C.

Photo Credit: Kelly W.

It is so cool to think about my little knit creations traveling to places I've never been.  (These two lucky kitties are from way out west!)  I bet there are some really embarrassed and/or annoyed felines walking around wearing these this month, but it is worth it, seeing how darn cute they look.

And I love this Etsy treasury I was included in.  The colors are so cheerful.
https://www.etsy.com/treasury/NzQ2ODY1M3wyNzIyODIzNzA3/country-christmas

 It was called "Country Christmas" and was created by Cyndie, who runs the very neat shop called Vintage Envy on Etsy.

It is looking so wintery outside today.  It's the perfect day to be inside where it's warm, listening to Christmas music and knitting.  Right now my cat Janey is curled up in a ball, sleeping peacefully.  So peacefully she was starting to twitch her mouth, like she was dreaming about drinking something really good, like warm milk or eggnog or something!  :) 

I hope you are all staying warm and happy out there, whatever you are up to on this very wintery Sunday afternoon.  I'm planning some relaxing activities this week, making hand drawn Christmas cards for friends and family, and maybe baking some cookies or trying out a new holiday nail polish design.  Have a great week and try not to get too overwhelmed with the holiday busyness!


No comments:

Post a Comment